On World Cancer Day, we are proud to support the EADV’s Joint Statement on skin cancer prevention in the context of EU’s Beating Cancer Plan.
We join together with 56 other organisations representing dermatology, oncology and other healthcare professionals, public health experts, patients, trade unions as well as three Members of the European Parliament, to call for more policy measures to tackle skin cancer prevention:
- Improve education and awareness about skin cancer
- Protect citizens from excessive exposure to UV radiation
- Recognise skin cancer as an occupational disease
- Improve registration of cases
- Improve early detection of skin cancer in high-risk groups