Only EDTCO affiliates will be eligible to become Section Board members.
In order to facilitate the election process, affiliates will be provided with a description of the positions open for candidacy.
Living and deceased donation are specified categories in the Board and nominations will be invited to represent each of these categories. Representation of different professional groups in the Board is desirable. If a particular professional group is not represented on the Board, the Board may appoint an extra-official advisor, as specified above.
Board positions are renewed every four years, except for the Chair and the Vice-Chair, both renewed every two years. Turnover normally occurs at the ESOT Congress.
Elections will be specifically for Board members. The Vice-Chair is elected by the Board amongst current Board members.
In order to ensure previous experience of the Chair within the Board, the Vice-Chair automatically becomes Chair and accepts appointment as vice-chair on this basis. If the vice- chair cannot take up the chair as intended, the Board will elect the next chair among its members.
Board members, except for the chair and the vice-chair, will be able to apply for re-election on one single occasion either for the same or a different position within the Section Board.
Elections are held by secret ballot every two years and are held on-line, following the scheme below:
- In the spring, EDTCO affiliates are informed of the positions becoming vacant and invited to apply or to present another EDTCO affiliate as a candidate over a period of at least 4 weeks.
- Candidates are asked if they accept running for election.
- The EDTCO secretariat introduces the list of members and candidates in the voting system.
- Affiliates are provided with the list of candidates, the website address for voting, and protected access to the voting platform. All votes are secret, even to the administrator, and affiliates can only vote once.
- Affiliates are given 4 weeks to vote. At the end of this period, the voting programme automatically counts the votes and provides the results.
- Affiliates are given the results of the election.