ELPAT, the ESOT Section focusing on the Ethical, Legal and Psychosocial Aspects of organ Transplantation, invites nominations for the position of Vice-Chair (2021-2024). At the end of their mandate, the Vice-Chair will become Chair of ELPAT (2024-2027).
The tasks of the Vice-Chair include but are not limited to:
- acting as central point of contact for ELPAT members, stakeholders and other key persons;
- together with the ELPAT Chair, organising and facilitating ELPAT meetings, symposia and conferences;
- identifying new topics and strategies for the platform;
- representing ELPAT at ESOT council meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Only ELPAT affiliates in good standing with their ESOT membership can be nominated to become Vice-Chair: please make sure that you are in good standing with your 2021 ESOT membership and that you are formally affiliated with ELPAT.
- Candidates who have been actively involved in ELPAT initiatives or in the activities of the ELPAT Working Groups will be considered.
- Nominations must be supported by two ELPAT affiliates with an active ESOT/ELPAT membership.
According to the new ELPAT regulations, recently ratified by the ESOT Council, the Vice-Chair is elected by the ELPAT Board by a simple majority vote. The ELPAT Chair has deciding vote in case of a tie-break.
How to apply
Eligible candidates can apply by sending an email to Anne Dissing (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, February 25.
Applications must include the following documents:
- A brief CV including a recent picture (size: min. 200×200 px; recommended format: .png);
- A statement on the candidate’s commitment to the Section and how they plan to contribute to its activities and mission (max. 300 words);
- Two letters of nomination by ELPAT affiliates.
***ELPAT is strongly committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. The ELPAT Board promotes balance in geographical and professional representation and strongly encourages participation by members of traditionally underrepresented groups.***
Please do not hesitate to contact Anne Dissing (email@example.com) for further information.