We would like to announce a call for nominations for two new Board members.
ESOT/EDTCO affiliates active within the field of organ, tissue and cell donation for transplantation are eligible to submit their application for the positions, or to present another EDTCO affiliate as candidate.
Applications from intensivists and donation coordinators will be given preferential consideration. The Board reserves the right to shortlist candidates on the basis of their specialty.
Mission, Targets and Activities of EDTCO
EDTCO aims to support health care professionals to provide clinically effective programmes on organ and tissue donation, procurement and transplantation. In particular, EDTCO intends to contribute to:
- Increasing organ and tissue availability;
- Ensuring high quality and safety of organs and tissues intended for transplantation;
- Optimising the safety of living donors and care for deceased donors and their relatives;
- Optimising potential recipient care and follow-up, from the perspective of clinical coordination.
EDTCO includes patients on the waiting list and transplanted patients in our activities, to give them a voice and learn from each other.
How to apply for an EDTCO Board position
If you wish to apply for a position, please send the following materials to Anne Dissing (email@example.com) no later than 1 June 2021.
– A short CV;
– A recent picture (size: min. 200×200 px; recommended format: .png);
– A statement on your commitment to the Section and how you plan to contribute to its activities and mission. The statement shall be max. 300 words long and will serve as your electoral message.
The new Board members will take office at the ESOT Congress 2021 for a term of four years, with the ability to apply for re-election, once.
Please note that you need to be an ESOT Member in good standing, with EDTCO affiliation in order to participate in the elections – both as a candidate and as a voter.
Therefore, we kindly ask to make sure that you are in good standing with your 2021 ESOT membership and that you are formally affiliated with EDTCO. Check here.
If you have any doubts about your affiliation or any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Anne Dissing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Voting will take place online after nominations are collected.
The EDTCO Board is strongly committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. and promotes balance in geographic and professional representation. Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.